Gregory Geoghegan SJ
Fr Rory Geoghegan has lived as a Jesuit in various pastoral roles of priestly ministry for over sixty years and is currently engaged in retreat works and sculpture as part of his ministry at St Beuno’s Jesuit Spirituality Centre, North Wales.
Born in Shipley in 1931, Rory joined the Jesuits in 1949 and was ordained in 1962. He later studied at Oxford Tech and Sunderland College of Art (1964-68) before returning to chaplaincy work in Bristol where he was also engaged as a sculpture technician at Bristol College of Art (1972-77).
He did further chaplaincy work in Leeds, Sheffield and the Shetland Isles before moving to St Beuno’s in 1998 where he returned seriously to sculpture.
Most of Rory’s sculptures are now at St Beuno’s itself but he has also exhibited in locations as varied as Bradford Cathedral (1998-2011), the St Asaph Music Festival, the Old Palace, Wells, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-on-Avon, Trinity College Leeds and various schools and churches in north Wales.
He is currently exploring a sculpture commission for Bangor Cathedral.